A video of a Taiwanese beautician removing strands of oil and sebum from a woman’s pores in order to improve her complexion has captivated Internet users from all over the world. As of this writing, the video has been viewed by more than 1.25 million people.
Je Lin claims that her technique of removing the plug of oil from the woman’s pores is painless and guaranteed to clear her facial spots. The beautician used special curved tweezers to push down on a spot and pull out a yellow strand of fluid clogging the pores.
In the caption of the one-minute video, Je Lin wrote: ‘pain-free way to clear acne’.
Although many find the video gross, several others pointed out that watching it is oddly satisfying.
Watch the video.
How to Prevent Acne?
A skin condition occurring when your hair follicles become plugged with dead skin cells and oil, acne usually appears on the face, chest, neck, back and shoulders. It is common among teenagers with a prevalence rate of 70 to 87%.
Here are 10 tips to prevent acne, according to WebMD.
- Wash your face twice daily to remove dead skin cells, extra oil and impurities from your skin’s surface.
- Moisturize your skin to minimize dryness and skin peeling caused by anti-acne products.
- Use over-the-counter anti-acne products but use it with caution if you have sensitive skin.
- Avoid wearing too much makeup and wash it off at the end of the day.
- Avoid using oils, pomades, fragrances or gels on your hair. You may also opt to use a gentle shampoo and conditioner.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands to prevent bacterial spread.
- Don’t pop pimples using your fingers to prevent scarring and infection.
- Limit your time in the sun.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid activities that cause stress.