Good news for OFWs in Region I! OWWA Region I is offering free IT Courses to member OFWs and their qualified dependents through the “Microsoft Tulay IT Training Program”.
These IT courses are handled by IT Instructor, Mr. Ian J. Galutan; with classes held Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 5pm at the IT Learning Center, OWWA Regional Welfare Office I, 2nd Floor, Kenny Plaza Building, Quezon Ave., City of San Fernando, La Union.
OFWs and qualified dependents can also attend computer courses at BELEN Building, Poblacion Oeste, Dagupan City every first and second Fridays of the month. This program was made possible by the cooperation of both the City Government of Dagupan and OWWA RWOI.
Courses offered under the program are the following:
- Computer Fundamentals I (1 Day)
- Computer Fundamentals II (3 Days)
- Internet and World Wide Web Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Digital Media Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Web Design Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Word Processing Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Presentation Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Database Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Spreadsheet Fundamentals (2 Days)
Requirements and Qualifications
The program is open for OFWs who are currently in the country on vacation as well as to their spouses and high school level children. Single OFWs can also enroll their parents and single siblings in the program.
Because only member OFWs and their qualified dependents can join this program, please bring the following requirements if you want to avail of the free courses:
- Proof of OWWA Membership (Any of the following: Official Receipt of OWWA Payment; OFW Information Sheet; Passport with LAC-stamp)
- Proof of Relationship to the OFW (Any of the following: Marriage Certificate for spouses of OFW; Birth Certificate for children, parents or siblings of single OFW)
This program has already been launched and continues to teach new skills to various dependents, young and old alike! Don’t be shy if you are old as the program caters to OFWs’ parents to learn the basics of computer use. Several elderly parents have already availed of this program.
To learn more about the IT Courses or for other inquiries, please visit OWWA RWOI official Facebook Page; email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or contact 0927-620-7300/ 0908-863-4250 / 0908-863-4300.