MANILA, Philippines-Do you use a different brand of charger when charging your mobile phone? A netizen has decided to share his family’s ordeal after a Samsung S4 unit suddenly exploded and caused fire inside their home.
In the early morning of Wednesday, October 19, Daverianne Quibael Beltrano’s family was informed by their neighbors that one of the rooms in their house has caught fire. Luckily, they were able to stop the fire just in time and no one sustained injuries from the incident.
Apparently, the fire incident was brought about by the explosion of a Samsung S4, which was improperly charged. According to Beltrano, his mother charged his father’s cellphone using a different brand of charger, Alcatel, the night before the fire occurred. He noted that the phone was not charged overnight.
In the morning, his mother noticed that the phone was hot due to charging. This prompted her to turn it off and transfer it to another place. Barely thirty minutes into charging, the phone suddenly exploded without their knowledge.
Beltrano warned about the possible negative effects of charging a phone using a different charger. He wrote down the following safety reminders for mobile phone users to avoid a similar incident.
“Wag magcharge ng phone gamit ang ibang charger.
Wag na wag mag-charge overnight.
Wag magcharge sa tabi ng kama.
Wag na wag itatabi sa pagtulog ang cellphone habang nagchacharge.
Wag magcharge sa malapit sa mga madaling mag-apoy at masunog.”
Samsung Permanently Ends Production of Galaxy Note 7
Early this month, South Korean gadget company Samsung has announced that it will permanently discontinue its flagship smartphone, Galaxy Note 7, following multiple reports of the device catching fire and exploding due to battery faults.
A month ago, Samsung was forced to do a global recall of the units, which had faulty batteries, and issued replacement phones. Unfortunately, the replacement phones also caught fire.
What can you Say?
Soldier Gets ‘Cake’ Made of Snow for Birthday, Video Goes Viral
Lost Puppy Reunites with Owner after Going to Their Usual Vet for Help
Florida Sheriff’s Deputy Goes Viral as He Shares Dinner with Homeless Man
Netizens Help Deaf-Mute GrabFood Rider Find Motorcycle, Raise Funds to Help Him Out
Student Who Collected Garbage to Support Family, Earns a Place in Harvard Law School
Woman Drags 100-Year-Old Mom’s Cot to Bank, Manager Insisted Physical Verification
Grandson Gives Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation to COVID-Positive Grandma
Loving Boyfriend Surprises GF, Checks Out Her Entire Online Shopping Cart
Sneaky Dog Turns Electric Fan to Face Its Cage on Hot Day
Delivery Rider Brings His Pet Cats to Work, Cute Photos Go Viral
- Videos1 week ago
Massive Bird of Prey Spotted Carrying Shark It Plucked Out of the Ocean
- Funny Videos2 weeks ago
Vikachka & Eugene Funny Video Shows Lithunian Speaking Only Tagalog to BF’s Family
- Lifestyle2 weeks ago
Teenager Cries after Friends Chipped in to Buy Him a New iPhone
- News6 days ago
Woman Shames Starbucks Employee, Now Wants Part of $100k He Got from Netizens
- News1 week ago
Kids Go Viral for Swimming with Crocodile at the Beach
- Health1 week ago
Thai School Repurposes Ballot Boxes, Creates Shields to Impose Social Distancing
- Lifestyle2 weeks ago
Woman Leaves Dog at Groomer, Receives Dog with Hilarious Haircut
- Videos2 weeks ago
Smart Goat Gets Help from Buffalo to Reach Food, Resourceful Trick Goes Viral