People trying to lose weight focus on weight loss activities that they can do while awake. But did you know that you can shed off fats in your sleep by simply doing night-time habits before curling up under the cover?
According to experts, doing certain bedtime habits can help you lose the extra pounds while you’re dreaming. Take a look at some activities that will help ensure that you’ll slim down while sleeping.
1. Sleep naked.
Findings of research showed that sleeping naked can speed up night-time weight loss as it increases your metabolic rate. Your body produces fat to heat up the body when you feel cold at night. That may sound more like a disadvantage but the process can also help burn calories. So while the body is producing fat to keep you warm, it also speeds up your metabolism and burns calories.
2. Eat before bedtime.
The idea of consuming food before sleeping may sound counterproductive but it may actually be good for your weight loss goals. Going to bed hungry makes it difficult for us to fall asleep. Moreover, people who wake up feeling hungry are more likely to overeat at breakfast. Experts suggest that we eat 300-calorie snacks before bedtime. Of course, we need to ditch junk food in our list of night-time snacks.
3. Train hard before bedtime.
Do an intense workout before dozing off as it increases your metabolic rate that may last for an average of 16 hours after exercising. However, experts have also warned that an intense workout can get in the way of a good night’s sleep.
4. Drink grape juice.
A substance found in wine and grape juice called resveratrol can help transform bad fat into a good one, based on the findings of a recent study at Washington State University. Lead researcher Professor Min Du explained that resveratrol turns “white fat” into “beige fat”, which is much easier to burn.
5. Sleep in a dark room.
A study carried out by researchers at University of Oxford has found that female participants who slept in dark rooms were 20% less likely to be obese compared to women who dozed off in lighter rooms. That’s because light can decrease your body’s production of melatonin, which interferes with sleep quality. When we don’t get enough sleep and feel tired, we tend to have less control over what we eat.
What can you Say?
Mom Feeds Toddler with 7 Live Tadpoles, Claims It Boosts Health
It is said that life expectation has gone down in recent years in many places because people have become exposed to various chemicals all around – what with the many vehicles, factories, and people that pollute the environment. This is not to mention how people’s lifestyles have changed, with most people living a sedentary life while preferring unhealthy food like fastfood items.
But while there are many people who now strive to become healthy by choosing to eat healthy food, doing exercise, and avoiding unhealthy habits and activities, there are also those who try extreme fads and supposedly ‘traditional’ beliefs they think might make them or their family members feel better.
A mother in China fed her son with seven live tadpoles, believing that this will boost his health and ward off various illnesses.
The activity was caught on video, with the mother seen to be carrying a small bowl filled with water where the tadpoles could still be seen swimming around. To encourage her son to eat the tadpoles, she was heard to be telling him in Mandarin, “Look at the fish!”
The mother was slammed on social media for the danger she is putting her son in! While she might think it was cute and the idea might come from traditional beliefs, doctors warn against following this practice because feeding raw, especially live, food can lead to parasitic infections.
Worms or worm eggs might be living inside these raw food items, if not cooked properly, these parasites will be passed on to the diner and lead to worm infestation. Various worms could be living in these live hosts but the most dangerous are tapeworms.
A lot of netizens fear that the kid might experience sparganosis, a rare tapeworm infection due to eating uncooked food.
Guy Dies after Experiencing Severe Headaches Due to Encephalitis
A previously healthy Filipino guy working in South Korea with his family, died all of a sudden after experiencing severe headaches. It turned out he wasn’t just experiencing ordinary headaches but was already suffering from encephalitis.
According to his sister Jovelyn Mendoza Maniebo in a detailed Facebook post, Patrick Mendoza Maniebo began to complain about his headaches last March 11. It was Sunday and Patrick had been hanging out at his girlfriend’s house when he had fever.
The following day, Patrick and Jovelyn went to a doctor who gave him oral and injectable medications.
By March 13, Patrick said he was feeling better; thus, he went back to work. But things took a turn for worse when he completed his medications the following day. By March 15, he was again unable to work due to headaches.
Because he didn’t feel that this was something serious, Patrick refused to follow his family’s advice to go to the hospital. For him, it was just a simple headache and fever. He spent the entire day in bed.
On March 16, their mother discovered Patrick having seizures in his bed. He was rushed to the hospital where various medications were injected into his body.
He was later diagnosed with encephalitis and was brought to the ICU. His condition was critical for several days. He kept having seizures; thus, the doctors kept giving him medicines to stop this but such led to damage in his vital organs.
Doctors told the family that they are unsure where Patrick got the infection but that he most likely inhaled the virus and it went directly to his brain, leading to the swelling and seizures.
Over a week later, his condition stabilized but he did not regain consciousness. On March 27, he died.
The family just couldn’t believe that what started out as a ‘simple’ headache and fever would lead to Patrick’s death. His sister shared the story on social media in hopes that this would serve as a lesson for others to not ignore even ‘simple’ symptoms as such could have serious roots.
Rest in peace, Patrick.
Warning to Parents: These Colorful Slimes Maybe Contaminated With Deadly Chemicals That Are Harmful For You and Your Child
One of the biggest online trends in 2017 is slime. Everyone on the internet seems to be currently obsessed with this item. When you search videos on Facebook or Youtube, you can easily see how to make your own DIY slimes at home.
Slimes look really satisfying and fun to play with. However, before you start letting your child play this sticky and colorful toys, make sure to check through the ingredients list first before you plan on buying or making some slimes at your home.
Contains Toxic Materials
Currently, the hottest toy among children in China is Crystal Slime Clay. However, no matter how colorful the toy is, according to Nanyang Siang Pau, this slime was recently found to contain toxic Sodium Tetraborate, also known as Borax, that may lead to severe poisoning or worse, death.
What is Borax?
Borax is a boron mineral and salt that is mined directly from the ground. In several countries around the world such as the United States and Thailand, this ingredient is banned as a food additive because of its effects. If it is ingested in the human body too much of it, it can cause accumulated poisoning in the organs.
If a child plays with a toy that contains Borax, this substance can cause a biochemical reaction in the child’s nervous system and can directly affect the endocrine and reproductive systems.
Harmful to the Skin
It is also highly advisable to avoid playing with slime if the person has damaged skin such as fresh wounds or cuts. If a person holds a contaminated Borax-laced slim and accidentally touches their mouth, the harmful substance from the Borax can be instantly absorbed into the human body.
Borax poisoning can occur in adults if they ingest 1 to 3 grams of the substance. If more than 15 grams are ingested, it can result in possible death. However, children are most at risk – in just 2 to 3 grams of Borax it is enough to take their life.
No Certificates or Legal Manufacturers
Slimes are usually sold without quality certificates or legal manufacturers in their packaging. These toys are made by mixing Borax solution, substances, and other substances together with dyes and glitters to make them more colorful and pretty and fun to play with.
Most people are not aware of the dangerous substances that slimes contain. According to Epoch Times, stationery shops around schools in House, Dongguan and other convenience stores are selling dangerous slimes. These slimes can result in red spots on the skin, severe vomiting, and other symptoms.
While there are stores that sell clean and completely non-toxic slimes, if you are obsessed with slime, it is advisable to wear disposable gloves when handling these toys if you are worried about getting poisoned.
Like Us on Facebook!
- Lifestyle2 weeks ago
Gorgeous Policewoman Captures Netizens’ Hearts with Her Stunning Photos
- News2 weeks ago
Chinese Passenger Made to Transfer Seat in PAL Flight, Humiliated by Ground Crew
- News1 week ago
Lady Takes Selfies Alone in the Room, But Creepy Girl ‘Photobombs’ the Pictures
- News1 week ago
Student Sold Sponges for 13 Years, Finally Graduates from College
- News1 week ago
Jollibee Worker Graduates College Together with Day-Care Graduate Son, Shares Inspiring Story
- News1 week ago
Passenger Loses Valuables inside Baggage, Cebu Pacific Confirms Bag Arrived Intact
- News6 days ago
Son of Street Sweeper Graduates Cum Laude, Goes Viral
- News1 week ago
Dad Goes Viral for Clearing Snow While Wearing Shorts