It is not a piece of cake to completely quit smoking cigarettes. Why is that? The substance nicotine is highly addictive. When a person starts to withdraw, it develops a tolerance level and withdrawal symptoms when nicotine is suspended.
Given the fact that they have already developed psychological dependence to cigarettes, there are situations that they feel the urge to sniff on to cigarettes again.
Execution of Plan!
Some people quit smoking at once. Well, it works to some people, but not to all smokers. If you are a person who tried to quit smoking a thousand times, but cannot get there, then you need a step-by-step procedure.
Prepare to Cease Smoking
- Put a mark on the calendar, on the date you are going to quit. It should be one week in advance, since this will take about a week’s time.
- Always keep track of the cigarettes you smoked.
- Whenever you want to light up a cigarette, just wait for about ten minutes.
- Cigarette butt should be collected in a bottle, the sight of it will inform you how much you smoke in a week.
- Plan this for about two weeks.
- Throw away all cigarettes and paraphernalia, such as lighters and ashtrays.
- Each time you have the urge to smoke, take a deep breathe through the mouth and slowly exhale with a pursed lip. Repeat up to ten times.
- Do activities that you do not associate smoking to it.
- Place a substitute for cigarettes, like sugar free mints and gums, it will give oral gratification.
- Save the money you use on spending cigarettes.
Stay off to cigarettes
- Allocate three months for this act.
- Put in mind that your craving to smoke will subside, even if you will smoke or not.
- Be aware of people who will encourage you to smoke. Affirm effort not to do so.
- Continue to practice Cessation act.
You may have done to quit smoking a thousand times, and still taking an interest to it is astounding. Nevertheless, make the effects of smoking and healthier you as the motivation in this endeavor.