When Dean Smith realized that his girlfriend Jennifer Kessel is the woman he’s going to marry, he planned his proposal in a very elaborate manner that it took him 365 days to finalise it.
Smith, a man from Scottsdale, Arizona, videotaped himself holding up a whiteboard everyday for 365 days beginning January 8, 2014 . Of course, the whiteboard had the BIG question written on it.
He videotaped himself while doing some regular everyday activities including brushing his teeth, reading, eating, driving, and washing the dishes to prove to Kessel that he thinks about her “literally every moment of every day.”
Finally, on the 366th day, Smith was ready to execute his final proposal. While Kessel’s family was on vacation in Aruba, Smith decided to give Kessel one of the most awesome surprise proposals ever.
With the help of her family, Kessel was led to the beach where she was made to watch the video compilation of Smith’s 365-day proposal.
In the video, Smith said: “I know that you’re the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, but I want the timing to be perfect and make this moment special. For the next year, I’ll show you how much I love you and that you’re in my thoughts every day. I want to marry you.”
Kessel was then asked to turn around after watching the video. Standing behind her was Smith holding the white board ready to pop the final question.
Watch Smith’s awesome 365-day proposal.
Extreme Wedding Proposals
Some people took wedding proposals to the next level that they’re willing to skydive, hack a video game, and even ask Tom Cruise’s help in order to ask the big question.
Here are five of the most extreme proposals as compiled by Oddee.
1. The Skydiving Proposal– Just as they were about to skydive, Mateo Martinez asked his girlfriend the big question at 20,000 feet.
2. The Zero-G Proposal – Alex and Graciela were on board Boeing 727 aircraft that allows passengers to experience zero gravity for a few minutes when Alex decided to give Graciela the ring. Fortunately, the ring didn’t float away while they were on zero gravity.
3. The Video Game Proposal – Bennie Peng had to hack and reprogram his girlfriend Tammy Li’s Bejewelled game to pop the question. Li played the game and earned a pink sapphire ring engagement ring.
4. The “Tom Cruise” Proposal – With the help Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise, cameraman Joao Martins was able to ask his girlfriend Sonia to marry him. Cruise, who appeared on Portuguese television, said: “Sonia, you have to marry Joao. Please marry Joao. He is crying behind the camera.”
5. The Theatre Proposal– Gennady Zaleskiy paid a theatre company £10,000 in order to play his marriage proposal to his theatre-fan girlfriend. While acting on stage, Zaleskiy suddenly said: “No, the woman I love is called Victoria and she is in the sixth row. Will you marry me Victoria?”