It’s amazing how much smartphones have transformed our lives. Without a doubt, smartphones have become indispensable in our daily lives as we depend on it for various activities including communicating, getting information or the latest news, and even entertaining ourselves. Indeed, life has become much easier with this little gadget.
But did you know that aside from the common practical uses it offers, this gadget can also be transformed into a hologram projector with the use of common household items? Mrwhosetheboss shared an instructional video on how to turn your smartphone into an inexpensive hologram projector using a graphing paper, a CD case, tape, a pen, a knife or a glass cutter, and a pair of scissors.
To make your very own hologram projector, simply do the following.
- Draw a trapezoid in the graphing paper. You may follow the instructions on the video.
- After cutting the trapezoid, you can now use it as a pattern to trace the shape on the CD case.
- Carefully cut out the shape using a knife or a glass cutter. Create four of these.
- Assemble the four trapezoids using a tape.
- Place it on top of your smartphone and play the video.
There are many other ways to create your DIY hologram projector. Check this link to learn how to make one using a shoebox.
Here’s the instructional video.
5 Unusual Uses of Your Smartphone
Aside from telling you the weather or giving you the latest update about your friends, smartphones are capable of doing unusual things you probably didn’t know.
Here are some of the absurd uses of your little gadget according to Techlicious.
- Prevent drunk-driving. – A compact keychain device known as Bluetooth BACtrack Vio Smartphone Breathlyzer can measure the alcohol present in your breath in just 5 seconds.
- Measure your heart rate.- A smartphone app called AliveCor Heart Monitor transforms electrical impulses from your body into a printable ECG graph.
- Track your body fat and measure your muscle size.- Instead of measuring your weight, Skulpt Aim helps you track your body fat percentage and the size of your muscle fiber.
- Catch Fish.- Deeper Fish Finder works a fish-finding sonar and lets you locate fish for up to 120 feet below the surface.
- Detect a leaky window.- By turning your phone into a thermal imaging camera, you can find where cold air is entering your house and thus help you detect a leaky window.