It is just a few months away from summer – so you’d better get your calendar ready for awesome vacations with family and friends!
We all know how great it is to choose summer as the time for family getaways because the kids do not have to deal with schoolwork while the adults only have to adjust their time at work to match the kids’ schedules. It would also help to pick long weekend or holiday dates for your vacation so you won’t have to miss a lot of workdays.
We’ve rounded up some of the best destinations in the Philippines for fun summer vacations – whether you are doing it with family and friends or just by yourself.
10. TagaytayIf you can’t travel too far from the metro, then Tagaytay would be your best bet for summer. It is near enough for you to reach it within a couple of hours yet there are plenty of awesome views for you to enjoy. The place is great at your destination or just a sidetrip for going to other destinations in the province.
The beautiful beaches of Batangas are popular in local movies and soap opera/TV drama scenes. So, if you want to check out the lovely spots you often see in Philippine cinema scenes, then Batangas would be a great place to visit.
Plus, the place is also a choice destination for local celebrities, so you might want to visit Batangas during the summer season to spot your favorite young stars.
8. CamiguinIf you have the luxury of time (and money), then head down south to favorite destinations such as Camiguin. This beautiful island is filled with lots of great destinations for you to enjoy. It is the place where you can find not just hot springs and cold springs but also springs whose water tastes like soda! Yum!
I am making this up but Surigao could easily be the typhoon capital of the Philippines because it is where many storms often make landfall. The good news is that you can avoid the typhoons by timing your visit well. Of course, typhoons are unpredictable but if you reach the place outside the typhoon season, you’ll find a wealth of awesome destinations to visit here.
Surigao is the home of the Enchanted River whose mysteries might never ever be solved. Aside from this beautiful work of nature, you’ll also find lots of great tourist spots in Surigao.
6. PangasinanThe best way to truly appreciate our country as an archipelago is to visit Pangasinan’s Hundred Islands. You’ll love the beautiful islands and get the feel of just how beautiful our country can be.
Great as a destination all year round, we’ve included Vigan on the list because it recently gained recognition as among the top cities in the world. This heritage site brings you back to the time of our forefathers – something that we can rarely find in our country which has long embraced modernism and contemporary buildings.
4. BoracayA list of summer destinations is never complete without including Boracay. Even with recent backlash over the island’s over-commercialism, Boracay is still considered to be the mecca for travelers trying to escape the summer heat by cooling off in its cool waters.
Another excellent travel destination during the summer months, Baguio continues to be among the top places to visit. Of course, it does help that this is the Summer Capital of the Philippines! You’d love how the temperature of Baguio and surrounding areas remain low even on the hottest summer days.
2. BoholBohol is quickly gaining back what it had lost during the destructive earthquakes of 2013. It is a great destination to visit this summer, especially if you are looking for a way to help the locals regain what they had lost. Plus, Bohol is always a fun place to visit – thanks to the many great tourist spots you can only find in this beautiful island.
1. PalawanPalawan is slowly pushing to the top of almost every list of favorite destinations in the Philippines. It has the right combination of modern developments and awesome natural tourist spots that make it the ideal place to visit, whether it is summer or just about any time of the year.
If you think Boracay and Bohol are getting too commercialized, then Palawan is your best bet. Plus, there are tons of great activities for you to enjoy in this beautiful place.