The month of December gives us a feeling that it’s alright to overindulge particularly on festive foods and drinks. After all, Christmas parties, reunions and get-togethers happen during this time of the year. It’s a great time to enjoy good food and drink.
Still, the holiday season isn’t an excuse for us to overeat and ignore our health. This is why experts like registered nutritionist Angela Dowden, V’s Ladette to Lady etiquette expert Liz Brewer, and celebrity personal trainer Ramona Braganza have come up with great tips to beat the Christmas bloat.
We’ve listed some of the foods to avoid this holiday season based on article written for The Daily Mail UK.
- Avoid too much garlic and onions as its fermentable components known as fructans can cause wind and bloating.
- Stay away from carbs like rice, potatoes, as well as pastas which are served reheated or chilled. Reheating this type of food results in “resistant starch” formation which can make you gassy.
- Do away with supermarket breads as it can trigger bloated feeling.
- Fruits such as apples, mango and pears may have lots of health benefits but too much fructose content can cause digestive issues as well as bloating.
- Cut down intake of salty foods such as pizza, bacon, ham, cheese, pickles, anchovies, and stock cubes as well as sauces and seasonings as it can make your body retain excess fluid.
- Avoid chewing gum as it adds excess air to your system.
- Ditch bread rolls and pasta since it may cause constipation that may result to bloating.
- Champagne bubbles can make your tummy bloat.
- Don’t put cranberry sauce on your turkey as the fruit’s simple sugar will stay in the stomach and ferment.
- Avoid too much windy vegetables like broccoli and brusell sprouts.
What can you Say?
Vice Mayor Blasts Phivolcs for ‘Opinion’ on Eruption, Police Chief Wants to Throw Him into Taal
Old Woman Who Operated Drink Stall Inside School for 60 Years Gets Replaced by Vending Machine
Malaysian Guy Sparks Outrage after ‘Drinking’ Cat’s Milk for Retweets
Best Service: Restaurant Staff Searched Through Trash Cans to Find a Customer’s Lost Ring
Tom and Jerry Movie? Funny Video Shows Boys Cheering Their Cat to Catch a Rat
Groom Plays Video of Bride Cheating with Her Brother-in-Law While Sister is Pregnant
Guy Praised for Marrying Girlfriend Despite Her Incurable Skin Condition
Little Boy Plays in Sand at Parents’ Grave, Refuses to Go Home as He Calls Out to Them
8 Food Items that will Bring Good Luck in the New Year
Homeless Scavenger Surprises Everyone after Donating All His Money to the Temple as Last Wish
- Entertainment1 week ago
Marcelito Pomoy Wows with “The Prayer” on America’s Got Talent: The Champions 2020
- News1 week ago
‘Family Feud Canada’ Contestant Gets $10k Worth of Food from Popeyes for Wrong Answer
- Videos2 weeks ago
Canada ‘Family Feud’ Contestant Blows Easiest Question, Goes Viral Over ‘Popeyes’ Mistake
- Health7 days ago
Replacement for Exercise? Researchers Discover Protein Responsible for Workout Benefits
- General2 weeks ago
Here’s What Wearing a Colored Wedding Dress Really Means
- Health2 weeks ago
New Study Suggests That Drinking Green Tea, Instead of Black, Can Help You Live Longer
- Videos4 days ago
Man Breaks Down after Losing Pet Cat While He’s at Work, Pet Lovers Cry with Him
- Health5 days ago
Sleeping Too Much Can Be Bad for the Brain, World’s Largest Sleep Study Reveals