A smile can definitely brighten someone’s day but having a pearly white grin certainly makes a lasting impression.
Many people have resorted to undergoing professional whitening treatments just to have brighter whiter smile. However, these unnatural methods are expensive and can lead to painful sensitivity.
On the other hand, over the counter teeth whitening products contain harmful chemicals that may potentially erode the enamel of your teeth.
Good thing, there are many natural ways to turn your discoloured teeth into pearly whites at the comfort of your home. With the use of a few items found in your house such as baking soda and lemon juice, you can naturally whiten your teeth in just 3 minutes.
To naturally whiten your teeth, follow these simple easy steps.
- Put a tablespoon of baking soda into a small bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon or half a lime.
- As the soda interacts with the citric acid in the juice, you will notice that the mixture will fizz up and form a foam.
- Stir the mixture, set aside and wait for the fizzing to subside.
- Once the mixture is ready, apply it on your teeth using a cotton, a kitchen paper, or even your ring finger.
- Don’t leave it on your mouth for more than 3 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your mouth with plenty of water.
Check out this informative video.
Here are a few things you have to remember about this natural teeth whitening method.
- It should only be performed once a week to prevent damage of the teeth enamel.
- This method is not advisable for people who wear dental braces. Such treatment can cause uneven whitening.
- You can use one to two tablespoons of water if you don’t have lime or lemon in your house.
- After only four treatments or one month, you should be able to notice the brighter result.