Connect with us

Health

Guy Dies after Experiencing Severe Headaches Due to Encephalitis

A previously healthy Filipino guy working in South Korea with his family, died all of a sudden after experiencing severe headaches. It turned out he wasn’t just experiencing ordinary headaches but was already suffering from encephalitis.

According to his sister Jovelyn Mendoza Maniebo in a detailed Facebook post, Patrick Mendoza Maniebo began to complain about his headaches last March 11. It was Sunday and Patrick had been hanging out at his girlfriend’s house when he had fever.

The following day, Patrick and Jovelyn went to a doctor who gave him oral and injectable medications.

Photo credit: Jovelyn Mendoza Maniebo / Facebook

By March 13, Patrick said he was feeling better; thus, he went back to work. But things took a turn for worse when he completed his medications the following day. By March 15, he was again unable to work due to headaches.

Because he didn’t feel that this was something serious, Patrick refused to follow his family’s advice to go to the hospital. For him, it was just a simple headache and fever. He spent the entire day in bed.

On March 16, their mother discovered Patrick having seizures in his bed. He was rushed to the hospital where various medications were injected into his body.

Photo credit: Jovelyn Mendoza Maniebo / Facebook

He was later diagnosed with encephalitis and was brought to the ICU. His condition was critical for several days. He kept having seizures; thus, the doctors kept giving him medicines to stop this but such led to damage in his vital organs.

Doctors told the family that they are unsure where Patrick got the infection but that he most likely inhaled the virus and it went directly to his brain, leading to the swelling and seizures.

Photo credit: Jovelyn Mendoza Maniebo / Facebook

Over a week later, his condition stabilized but he did not regain consciousness. On March 27, he died.

The family just couldn’t believe that what started out as a ‘simple’ headache and fever would lead to Patrick’s death. His sister shared the story on social media in hopes that this would serve as a lesson for others to not ignore even ‘simple’ symptoms as such could have serious roots.

Photo credit: Jovelyn Mendoza Maniebo / Facebook

Rest in peace, Patrick.

Advertisement

Like Us on Facebook!

Trending