Recently, we were touched by the story of a young sampaguita vendor who eventually became part of the service crew of the Jollibee outlet where he used to sell sampaguita in his teens. But just a few days later, we hear about the story of yet another street kid who has found success in life, a young man who now works as a call center agent.
Meet Danilo Macababbad, a 24-year-old call center agent who used to be a street kid when his parents died.
Just like other orphans who didn’t have relatives to take them in, Danilo lived in the streets for a good part of his young life.
To earn money, he would collect old newspapers to sell in junk shops. The earnings were a pittance and the job was hard but he did it so he could have some food to eat. On days when it was extra difficult to find old newspapers and recycled materials to sell, he scoured the companies that offer free food for street kids just so he could sustain himself.
He probably experienced a lot of days where there was no food to eat but he persevered. As he grew older, he knew that living in the streets would continue to be difficult but if he found a good job, he’ll be able to feed himself well without having to worry about the next meal.
He found the courage to apply at a call center – and passed!
Today, his life has greatly improved from his days in the streets. Of course, he might still be facing challenges but he is doing his best to overcome it all and find success in life.
After his story was featured on Front Row, a lot of people expressed admiration that he was able to survive his problems and made his life better despite the circumstances he had to deal with. Many also felt grateful for the presence of call centers that allow young minds like him to find a job despite not completing a college education.
What can you Say?
Photo of Dog Sitting Like a Human in the Jeep Goes Viral
Dogs are man’s best friends; there is no doubt about that. But did you there are times when dogs sometimes mimic their human best friends? And that’s the most adorable thing, really.
On Facebook page Doggie Fun Fair, photos of a dog had recently gone viral because this canine seems to think that it is a human being. Why is that so?
Well, as can be seen in the pictures taken by a certain Derick Anne Mariano, a dog can be seen sitting like a human being while riding a jeepney. Isn’t that cute?
According to the Facebook post, the photo first appeared on the Philippine star last year but has obviously gone viral again because of its hilarious image.
Mariano narrated that the dog sat alongside its owner, much like a real human being would do if riding a jeep. While dogs might have stayed on the floor of the jeep, this one climbed up to the seat and sat like a human, even putting its head out the window to look at the sights.
This happened on a jeep going to Lardizabal Street in Manila.
But before netizens could complain that the seat is only reserved for human beings (is it really?), Mariano added further that the owner actually paid for the dog’s seat.
It really seems like these owners are treating their dog like a human being – and the dog must have thought he’s really a human being and is very much part of this family, doing things like what this family does. Cool, isn’t it?
Some people commented that it was good that the other passengers did not complain about this dog as there are others who actually would, saying they are afraid of dogs or are allergic to one or simply do not want to be in the same place with a dog, especially if it is a public transportation.
What can you say about this dog who sits like a human at the jeep?
Woman Shares Husband’s Compassionate Reaction after Baby Gets Scalded with Boiling Water
Parents love their children so much that they would surely get angry when someone harms their kids! But what if the incident was not intentional? How would you react?
A mom named Jinghan Naan of Singapore had a first-hand experience on the matter when her daughter got scalded with boiling water by their new helper. As expected, she was furious about what happened but her heart changed after hearing her husband’s compassionate reaction.
According to Jinghan, their helper had just been with them for a week. The woman had just finished pouring boiling water into a thermos when Masha, Jinghan’s daughter, looked at her. In an attempt to amuse the kid, the helper began shaking the thermos, forgetting that she had not covered it yet. This resulted in the boiling water splashing all over the place, hitting the kid on the arm!
Jinghan’s husband Aizat immediately took Masha to the bathroom to run cool water on her arm but while both of them had gotten soaking wet in the process, blisters were already forming on the child’s arm. So, they took her to the hospital for treatment.
Seeing her child suffering, Jinghan felt anger and frustration. She was very furious at the new helper, with her anger growing each time the baby cries.
Hours later, as Masha slumped on Aizat’s shoulder out of exhaustion, the couple had a talk. But it wasn’t something Jinghan had expected.
Instead of saying they should fire the helper, Aizat told Jinghan to ask if she was alright. The shocked wife wondered why that was so and Aizat explained that they were so focused on Masha that they had forgotten the helper must have suffered injuries, too. For sure, she was also shocked and had felt guilty about what happened but it was all an accident.
Jinghan insisted at first that the helper was to blame for the accident but Aizat gently reminded her that the woman was human and makes mistakes; she did not want it to happen.
Realizing that her husband was right, Jinghan did what Aizat said. She later shared that both Masha and the helper are doing fine now – and the woman is still with them.
What a beautiful lesson about compassion…
Teen Taking A Selfie Left Severely Injured By Train That Rushed Past Behind Her
It has long been established that selfies can be dangerous. Especially if you become addicted to it that you forget to be careful about your surroundings, in your attempts to shoot the perfect selfie.
May we remind you about the most dangerous selfies that have been posted? Or do you want to read about the man who lost his life because he wanted a selfie with a walrus? Or what about the guy who accidentally killed himself because he wanted a selfie with an unpinned grenade? See, the list is endless.
Adding to that list is this young woman from Indonesia who were taking photos with her friends near the train tracks in Purworejo on December 6.
Ely Hayati, 16, and her friends stopped by the railway track while they were having a stroll along it. They decided to take a selfie, with the girl in front holding a selfie stick when a train rushes past behind them.
Not mindful of the possible danger, the teen was thrown forward for a few meters from where she was by the force of the train. Causing her to bump her head into the concrete slab.
She suffered heavy bleeding and her friends immediately asked for help from the residents around the area.
Hayati was quickly rushed to the hospital where she underwent an emergency surgery in order to stop her bleeding.
Although she is still in the ICU, World of Buzz, it is lucky that she survived the incident and nothing more tragic happened to the girl from South China who decided to take a selfie with an upcoming train who seconds later, eventually killed her on the stop.
The girls managed to take photos of the incident, one while Hayati was still upright and another one where she was already down and have probably already hit her head.
May this incident serve as a warning to those who are taking their selfies. Remember that no matter how “cool” your selfie is, it won’t matter much if you are not alive and well.
- Lifestyle2 weeks ago
Teen Angelina Jolie Wannabe Admits She’s a Fraud, Reveals Real Face
- Health2 weeks ago
Retired Soldier Left By Family Finds Help Through Social Media
- Health2 weeks ago
Doctors Argue In The Operating Room, Tragically Killing A New Born Baby
- Videos2 weeks ago
Indian Grandma Earns Flak for “Laundry Style” Bathing of 2-Week-Old Baby