The term handicap means that there is something wrong with the physical or mental state of a person that makes ordinary activities difficult to them compared to other people.
Having said that, it is important to note that handicapped people doesn’t always have physical deformities like what other people think.
But if handicapped people’s body and the way they walk looks fine, that doesn’t mean they aren’t battling any other “difficulties.”
A person with brain trauma can still go through a life-threatening seizure even if he looks fine, a person with a heart condition can still have a heart attack if he does something tiring.
For these people, the convenience that handicapped accessibility in buildings and roads have can mean life or death.
But one person didn’t know this.
Lexi Baskin, who is a pharmacy technician at the University of Kentucky, was targeted by an insensitive person who seem to think that handicapped people are those that show physical signs only.
Last month, she parked her car in a handicapped parking space outside the medical library of the university.
She found this posted on her car, along with other notes that are not flattering, but plain right insensitive.
But instead of lashing out with anger like what the person who went out of the way to make her feel bad, she posted her story on Facebook with a reminder to just love one another.
“Just a gentle reminder that you have no idea what is going on in other people’s lives. Just because you can’t physically observe something does not mean that a person is not feeling it.”
“Just because I look fine in the 2 minutes I walk from my car to the building does not mean I am not battling cancer and undergoing radiation treatment.”
“I am not asking for sympathy, but just awareness that everyone is fighting their own battles, whether you know it or not. Be kind to people. Make people cry tears of joy, and not frustration or sadness.”
“Love one another. I will choose to love this person and pray for them. I hope that the darkness in their heart is replaced with unconditional love and happiness.”
Lexi added: “this is my car and I am legally allowed to park in handicap spaces due to treatment and exhaustion”
Do you see how wonderful it is to just spread love and not hatred?
Way to go, Lexi for showing the person love and kindness. We hope that person learns sympathy towards other people.
What can you Say?
Mom Feeds Toddler with 7 Live Tadpoles, Claims It Boosts Health
It is said that life expectation has gone down in recent years in many places because people have become exposed to various chemicals all around – what with the many vehicles, factories, and people that pollute the environment. This is not to mention how people’s lifestyles have changed, with most people living a sedentary life while preferring unhealthy food like fastfood items.
But while there are many people who now strive to become healthy by choosing to eat healthy food, doing exercise, and avoiding unhealthy habits and activities, there are also those who try extreme fads and supposedly ‘traditional’ beliefs they think might make them or their family members feel better.
A mother in China fed her son with seven live tadpoles, believing that this will boost his health and ward off various illnesses.
The activity was caught on video, with the mother seen to be carrying a small bowl filled with water where the tadpoles could still be seen swimming around. To encourage her son to eat the tadpoles, she was heard to be telling him in Mandarin, “Look at the fish!”
The mother was slammed on social media for the danger she is putting her son in! While she might think it was cute and the idea might come from traditional beliefs, doctors warn against following this practice because feeding raw, especially live, food can lead to parasitic infections.
Worms or worm eggs might be living inside these raw food items, if not cooked properly, these parasites will be passed on to the diner and lead to worm infestation. Various worms could be living in these live hosts but the most dangerous are tapeworms.
A lot of netizens fear that the kid might experience sparganosis, a rare tapeworm infection due to eating uncooked food.
Guy Dies after Experiencing Severe Headaches Due to Encephalitis
A previously healthy Filipino guy working in South Korea with his family, died all of a sudden after experiencing severe headaches. It turned out he wasn’t just experiencing ordinary headaches but was already suffering from encephalitis.
According to his sister Jovelyn Mendoza Maniebo in a detailed Facebook post, Patrick Mendoza Maniebo began to complain about his headaches last March 11. It was Sunday and Patrick had been hanging out at his girlfriend’s house when he had fever.
The following day, Patrick and Jovelyn went to a doctor who gave him oral and injectable medications.
By March 13, Patrick said he was feeling better; thus, he went back to work. But things took a turn for worse when he completed his medications the following day. By March 15, he was again unable to work due to headaches.
Because he didn’t feel that this was something serious, Patrick refused to follow his family’s advice to go to the hospital. For him, it was just a simple headache and fever. He spent the entire day in bed.
On March 16, their mother discovered Patrick having seizures in his bed. He was rushed to the hospital where various medications were injected into his body.
He was later diagnosed with encephalitis and was brought to the ICU. His condition was critical for several days. He kept having seizures; thus, the doctors kept giving him medicines to stop this but such led to damage in his vital organs.
Doctors told the family that they are unsure where Patrick got the infection but that he most likely inhaled the virus and it went directly to his brain, leading to the swelling and seizures.
Over a week later, his condition stabilized but he did not regain consciousness. On March 27, he died.
The family just couldn’t believe that what started out as a ‘simple’ headache and fever would lead to Patrick’s death. His sister shared the story on social media in hopes that this would serve as a lesson for others to not ignore even ‘simple’ symptoms as such could have serious roots.
Rest in peace, Patrick.
Warning to Parents: These Colorful Slimes Maybe Contaminated With Deadly Chemicals That Are Harmful For You and Your Child
One of the biggest online trends in 2017 is slime. Everyone on the internet seems to be currently obsessed with this item. When you search videos on Facebook or Youtube, you can easily see how to make your own DIY slimes at home.
Slimes look really satisfying and fun to play with. However, before you start letting your child play this sticky and colorful toys, make sure to check through the ingredients list first before you plan on buying or making some slimes at your home.
Contains Toxic Materials
Currently, the hottest toy among children in China is Crystal Slime Clay. However, no matter how colorful the toy is, according to Nanyang Siang Pau, this slime was recently found to contain toxic Sodium Tetraborate, also known as Borax, that may lead to severe poisoning or worse, death.
What is Borax?
Borax is a boron mineral and salt that is mined directly from the ground. In several countries around the world such as the United States and Thailand, this ingredient is banned as a food additive because of its effects. If it is ingested in the human body too much of it, it can cause accumulated poisoning in the organs.
If a child plays with a toy that contains Borax, this substance can cause a biochemical reaction in the child’s nervous system and can directly affect the endocrine and reproductive systems.
Harmful to the Skin
It is also highly advisable to avoid playing with slime if the person has damaged skin such as fresh wounds or cuts. If a person holds a contaminated Borax-laced slim and accidentally touches their mouth, the harmful substance from the Borax can be instantly absorbed into the human body.
Borax poisoning can occur in adults if they ingest 1 to 3 grams of the substance. If more than 15 grams are ingested, it can result in possible death. However, children are most at risk – in just 2 to 3 grams of Borax it is enough to take their life.
No Certificates or Legal Manufacturers
Slimes are usually sold without quality certificates or legal manufacturers in their packaging. These toys are made by mixing Borax solution, substances, and other substances together with dyes and glitters to make them more colorful and pretty and fun to play with.
Most people are not aware of the dangerous substances that slimes contain. According to Epoch Times, stationery shops around schools in House, Dongguan and other convenience stores are selling dangerous slimes. These slimes can result in red spots on the skin, severe vomiting, and other symptoms.
While there are stores that sell clean and completely non-toxic slimes, if you are obsessed with slime, it is advisable to wear disposable gloves when handling these toys if you are worried about getting poisoned.
Like Us on Facebook!
- News2 weeks ago
Chinese Passenger Made to Transfer Seat in PAL Flight, Humiliated by Ground Crew
- News2 weeks ago
Student Sold Sponges for 13 Years, Finally Graduates from College
- News2 weeks ago
Lady Takes Selfies Alone in the Room, But Creepy Girl ‘Photobombs’ the Pictures
- News2 weeks ago
Jollibee Worker Graduates College Together with Day-Care Graduate Son, Shares Inspiring Story
- News1 week ago
Passenger Loses Valuables inside Baggage, Cebu Pacific Confirms Bag Arrived Intact
- News1 week ago
Son of Street Sweeper Graduates Cum Laude, Goes Viral
- Lifestyle7 days ago
Lovers Since Elementary, Couple Graduated Together from Three Different Schools
- News1 week ago
Dad Goes Viral for Clearing Snow While Wearing Shorts