Usual grocery visits tend to be fast and efficient. People who go to the grocery often just zap by and purchase what they need and then goes on with their day.
However, there are times when precious moments make you want to stop for a while and just appreciate the beauty that is in front of you.
This is what happened at an ASDA supermarket in Essex, United Kingdom when a nervous 10-year-old boy stood in the middle of the grocery aisle.
At first, the shoppers just went along their business not even giving the boy a glance, but when he started singing, that’s when they realized how wonderful that moment is.
Tupney Courtney shared that her 10-year-old son Calum has a mild form of autism.
“Callum has high functioning autism.”
“For Calum, this means blurred social boundaries, struggles with school and difficulties with friendships, but also that enables him to have no fear to get up and belt out a song.”
The “no fear” attitude surely made it’s way out when he belted a high-powered performance in front of the supermarket shoppers at Essex.
Calum fearlessly and beautifully belted out an amazing rendition of Smokey Robinson’s “Who’s Lovin’ You”
The way Calum was able to infuse the song with so much heart and soul is incredible that it is hard to believe he is just 10 years old!
Mental Health Charity
The performance Calum did was to draw attention to a mental health charity called Basildon Mind. As of today, he has done charity performances to help spread awareness.
Now that this supermarket performance has gone viral, he’s optimistic and is looking to record a single this year.
His mom shared to Inspire More how he didn’t even know he was good until he saw his video.
“He did not realize how good he was until he saw the video,” Tupney said.
“He said: ‘Mum, I’m actually really good.’”
Well, Calum, for us, you are really good!
Watch the wonderful video below:
What can you Say?
Man with Stinky Feet Goes to Fish Spa for a Date with GF, Ends Up Killing All the Fish
Being workaholic is a rather bad thing because that would take a huge toll on your body.
Spending hours getting stressed at work could lead to various health issues, including heart problems but one guy’s workaholic ways led to him getting stinky feet – and would bring him internet fame after he inadvertently killed all the fish at the fish spa he had gone to for a date! Ooooops.
A 35-year-old man only identified in reports as ‘Wong’ had been so engrossed with work that for 10 years, he has built quite a life for himself at his job in an IT company which he had entered right after graduation.
His parents were getting worried that he would never get married because he was too focused on his job but they would soon feel relieved when he finally got a girlfriend. It seems that he is already quite serious with his new girl since he introduced her to his parents.
Despite having a girlfriend already, Wong continued being a workaholic. He rarely takes out his girl for a date and was always busy at work. Sigh.
Thankfully, with some prodding from his parents, he finally took a short vacation to celebrate New Year’s Eve with his girlfriend. Happy that her boyfriend has finally come out of his shell and decided to take a breather, the girlfriend brought Wong for a fish spa session to relax.
Wong found all sorts of excuses not to go to the fish spa. He took her out to lunch and spent the day treating her to various activities but she still wanted to go to the fish spa; thus, Wong finally relented and took her there.
At the fish spa, Wong took off his shoes and immediately wrapped his feet in a towel before quickly dunking these into the water.
After the predetermined time, the spa owner came back to their tank to collect the payment but was shocked to see all the fish were dead! At first, the spa owner thought Wong had intentionally killed the fish as the tank smelled rather ‘funky’ but the embarrassed customer would soon admit that it was his stinky feet that killed the fish.
He told the spa owner that he had not properly washed his feet for all those 10 years he spent working! He was too busy at work that he was not able to exercise proper hygiene. The gunk from his feet apparently poisoned the fish.
Realizing Wong had not done this on purpose, the spa owner eventually forgave him.
Thankfully, Wong’s girlfriend did not dump him but he has made a promise to take care of his personal hygiene from then on…
Obese Guy Transforms into Impressive Hunk after Getting Rejected by Girl He Likes
Owning a mobile phone shop in Thailand gave Mos Sotaporn the money to spend on the things he loved – and food is at the top of that list.
Mos loved food so much that he became obese. At 185 cm tall, his body weight of 155 kg is still too big; his body mass index (BMI) still classified him as overweight.
But Mos did not really mind being obese. While his friends often laugh about his weight and make jokes about his size, Mos laughs along with them and knows they are telling the truth. He accepts the fact that he is obese and that there was nothing he can do about it because he loved meat and high-calorie food so much. That’s what he thought…
While he didn’t mind that his friends would laugh at his weight, he would soon undergo an amazing transformation after the woman he liked rejected him because of his unhealthy appearance.
Suddenly, things changed for Mos. He no longer felt happy being obese because he couldn’t have the woman he liked. It’s not that the woman was superficial but had only rejected him because he was unhealthy. After all, who wants to get widowed early?
So, Mos began to undergo a transformation that got everyone’s attention. His friends supported him all the way and encouraged him to work on his goals.
After living an unhealthy lifestyle for so long, Mos admitted it was rather difficult for him to get back in shape and ditch his love for unhealthy food but he focused on his goal and would soon lose so much weight that he would turn heads wherever he goes.
He lost 75 kg and obtained a well-toned body that it was quite hard to imagine this new hunk had been such a chunky, fat person just some months ago! His friends have commented that he looks so much better now that he could pass off as some celebrity. Hmmmm. What do you think of his transformation?
Hospital Kills Cancer Patient As They Mistakenly Interchanged Treatment With Another Patient With Same Initials
People rely on their doctors and nurses in their hospitals to save their lives, especially when they are sick or they are in an emergency.
Staff in hospitals are expected to always be on top of their game, alert and ready to respond. But one unfortunate mistake caused a woman with cancer her life.
The victim is Jean Dowd, 68 years old who has lung cancer, but she was given the wrong diagnosis of the kind of terminal lung cancer that she had.
So, to sum it up, Jean was not receiving the treatment that she needed after all. She was given afatinib, but in truth, what she needed was chemotherapy. If she was given chemotherapy, she would have been living longer.
A few weeks, it was discovered that the biopsy sample of Jean was mixed up with another patient. The patient her details got mixed up with apparently had the same initials as her.
Tracing back to the timeline of events, Mirror detailed that Jean was first seen by consultant clinical oncologist Dr. Amy Roy in the chest clinic on March 15, 2017. She was diagnosed with lung cancer the same month.
Dr. Roy, who acted as a witness in court said that Jean’s result came through in early April. The results suggest that she was positive for a mutation in her lung cancer. The result also recommended that afatinib was the most appropriate drug for her.
However, shortly after taking the drug, she began suffering from the side effects which included an unpleasant florid rash and she also had a sore mouth.
She was then brought to Derriford Hospital on April 16 for severing constipation that already affected her ability to eat and drink.
Dr. Roy agreed to stop the treatment and referred her to a dietician.
On the evening of May 25, 2017, Dr. Roy received an email stating that the lab results of Jean were incorrect.
She then discussed the mistake with Jean’s family on June 6, 2017. But, at this point, Jean wasn’t put back on cancer treatment yet.
Thus, she continued to deteriorate. She was transferred to St. Luke’s Hospice in June, where she died on July 9.
In a statement, an apology was issued to her family.
“We apologized sincerely to Mrs. Dowd’s family during the inquest and we would like to repeat that apology publicly now. We are extremely sorry for the mistake, the delay in communicating this and the effects this had on Mrs. Dowd’s treatment.
“Although Mrs. Dowd had incurable cancer, if the error had not been made, there is a possibility that chemotherapy may have increased Mrs. Dowd’s life by a short period of time. Our senior pathologist gave the coroner detailed assurance regarding the changes that have been made do that an error of this type could not happen again.”
- News2 weeks ago
Abandoned by Her Children, Hospitalized Old Lady Only has Her Dog as Visitor
- News2 weeks ago
‘Ice Boy’ Receives Over $15,000 in Donations after Photo Goes Viral
- Health2 weeks ago
Passenger Shares Disgusting Photo of Tricycle Driver with Plenty of Head Lice
- News2 weeks ago
Boy Goes to School with Frozen Hair after Walking 3 Miles in the Snow