Connect with us

News

4-Year-Old Girl Walks in Freezing Cold to Save Grandpa

It was freezing cold at -34 °C in Tuva, Siberia when 4-year-old Saglana Salchak trekked out from their house to their nearest neighbor’s house located 8 kilometers away, to seek for help after she discovered her grandma ‘very cold and wouldn’t wake up’. Her grandpa is blind.

When she told her grandpa what happened to her grandma, the old man told her to ask for help at their neighbor, not knowing that it was still 5AM and pitch dark outside.

The obedient girl took some matches and began trekking, following the tracks of a horse sled over a frozen river to the house which she knew their neighbors were living in.

It took the child several hours to reach the house but she persisted, knowing that her grandparents needed help – even without understanding that her grandma had already died. She admitted that she felt really hungry and cold but she plodded on.

Photo credit: Yury Darbaa / Siberian Times

It was very cold and I was so hungry. But I wasn’t scared. I was just walking, walking, walking. And I finally got there,” the determined girl admitted.

The neighbors were shocked to see her alone in the freezing cold; although she was bundled up rather warmly.

Her actions were met with praise and awe, even by the members of Tuva’s rescue team. Tuva’s head of the search and rescue, Semen Rubtsov, praised the girl’s survival instincts.

This girl acts as a professional already. She took the matches to light a fire in case she needs. The difficulty was that she had to make her way through snowdrifts,” Rubtsov said.

There also was a great danger – wild animals. Bears are hibernating now, but Tuva is crowded with wolves. They plague the cattle, and shepherds groan because of them. In the dark she could easily have stumbled on a pack.

This girl was lucky that she did not meet them. Her only hope would have been to climb a tree,” Rubtsov added.

Photo credit: Yury Darbaa / Siberian Times

Salchak is now under the custody of social workers. The Investigative Committee in Tuva might press charges against her 31-year-old mother Eleonora for leaving her under the care of the old grandparents; the mother could face up to one year in jail, if proven guilty.

Advertisement

What can you Say?

News

Photo of Dog Sitting Like a Human in the Jeep Goes Viral

Published

on

By

Dogs are man’s best friends; there is no doubt about that. But did you there are times when dogs sometimes mimic their human best friends? And that’s the most adorable thing, really.

On Facebook page Doggie Fun Fair, photos of a dog had recently gone viral because this canine seems to think that it is a human being. Why is that so?

Well, as can be seen in the pictures taken by a certain Derick Anne Mariano, a dog can be seen sitting like a human being while riding a jeepney. Isn’t that cute?

Photo credit: Derick Anne Mariano / Doggie Fun Fair – Facebook

According to the Facebook post, the photo first appeared on the Philippine star last year but has obviously gone viral again because of its hilarious image.

Mariano narrated that the dog sat alongside its owner, much like a real human being would do if riding a jeep. While dogs might have stayed on the floor of the jeep, this one climbed up to the seat and sat like a human, even putting its head out the window to look at the sights.

This happened on a jeep going to Lardizabal Street in Manila.

But before netizens could complain that the seat is only reserved for human beings (is it really?), Mariano added further that the owner actually paid for the dog’s seat.

Photo credit: Derick Anne Mariano / Doggie Fun Fair – Facebook

It really seems like these owners are treating their dog like a human being – and the dog must have thought he’s really a human being and is very much part of this family, doing things like what this family does. Cool, isn’t it?

Some people commented that it was good that the other passengers did not complain about this dog as there are others who actually would, saying they are afraid of dogs or are allergic to one or simply do not want to be in the same place with a dog, especially if it is a public transportation.

What can you say about this dog who sits like a human at the jeep?

Continue Reading

News

Woman Shares Husband’s Compassionate Reaction after Baby Gets Scalded with Boiling Water

Published

on

By

Parents love their children so much that they would surely get angry when someone harms their kids! But what if the incident was not intentional? How would you react?

A mom named Jinghan Naan of Singapore had a first-hand experience on the matter when her daughter got scalded with boiling water by their new helper. As expected, she was furious about what happened but her heart changed after hearing her husband’s compassionate reaction.

According to Jinghan, their helper had just been with them for a week. The woman had just finished pouring boiling water into a thermos when Masha, Jinghan’s daughter, looked at her. In an attempt to amuse the kid, the helper began shaking the thermos, forgetting that she had not covered it yet. This resulted in the boiling water splashing all over the place, hitting the kid on the arm!

Photo credit: Jinghan Naan / Facebook

Jinghan’s husband Aizat immediately took Masha to the bathroom to run cool water on her arm but while both of them had gotten soaking wet in the process, blisters were already forming on the child’s arm. So, they took her to the hospital for treatment.

Seeing her child suffering, Jinghan felt anger and frustration. She was very furious at the new helper, with her anger growing each time the baby cries.

Hours later, as Masha slumped on Aizat’s shoulder out of exhaustion, the couple had a talk. But it wasn’t something Jinghan had expected.

Instead of saying they should fire the helper, Aizat told Jinghan to ask if she was alright. The shocked wife wondered why that was so and Aizat explained that they were so focused on Masha that they had forgotten the helper must have suffered injuries, too. For sure, she was also shocked and had felt guilty about what happened but it was all an accident.

Jinghan insisted at first that the helper was to blame for the accident but Aizat gently reminded her that the woman was human and makes mistakes; she did not want it to happen.

Photo credit: Jinghan Naan / Facebook

Realizing that her husband was right, Jinghan did what Aizat said. She later shared that both Masha and the helper are doing fine now – and the woman is still with them.

What a beautiful lesson about compassion

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Teen Taking A Selfie Left Severely Injured By Train That Rushed Past Behind Her

Published

on

By

Selfie Image

It has long been established that selfies can be dangerous. Especially if you become addicted to it that you forget to be careful about your surroundings, in your attempts to shoot the perfect selfie.

May we remind you about the most dangerous selfies that have been posted? Or do you want to read about the man who lost his life because he wanted a selfie with a walrus? Or what about the guy who accidentally killed himself because he wanted a selfie with an unpinned grenade? See, the list is endless.

Adding to that list is this young woman from Indonesia who were taking photos with her friends near the train tracks in Purworejo on December 6.

Selfie 1
PHOTO CREDIT: Facebook

Ely Hayati, 16, and her friends stopped by the railway track while they were having a stroll along it. They decided to take a selfie, with the girl in front holding a selfie stick when a train rushes past behind them.

Selfie 2
PHOTO CREDIT: Facebook

Not mindful of the possible danger, the teen was thrown forward for a few meters from where she was by the force of the train. Causing her to bump her head into the concrete slab.

Selfie 3
PHOTO CREDIT: Facebook

She suffered heavy bleeding and her friends immediately asked for help from the residents around the area.

Selfie 4
PHOTO CREDIT: Line

Hayati was quickly rushed to the hospital where she underwent an emergency surgery in order to stop her bleeding.

Although she is still in the ICU, World of Buzz, it is lucky that she survived the incident and nothing more tragic happened to the girl from South China who decided to take a selfie with an upcoming train who seconds later, eventually killed her on the stop.

The girls managed to take photos of the incident, one while Hayati was still upright and another one where she was already down and have probably already hit her head.

May this incident serve as a warning to those who are taking their selfies. Remember that no matter how “cool” your selfie is, it won’t matter much if you are not alive and well.

Continue Reading



Trending

254 Shares
Share
Tweet
+1
Stumble
Share
WhatsApp